8/26/2010

The Check-out Line

I know that I told you that LJ was two years old in my first post. I rounded up. She is actually turning two this weekend. We're having a party with her friends at the park on Saturday, and a dinner party with family on Sunday. I spent most of today running around town picking up some last minute decorations and making some of the cutest party favors (possibly ever known to the Universe... they are that cute... for real). When I was in line at Michael's, I noticed that the woman behind me seemed very agitated. There was only one check-out line open, and the line was pretty long. She only had one item so I offered to let her go in front of me. She accepted with a smile and a "thank you." Act of kindness: complete.

I've always let people go in front of me if I have a lot of items and they only have a few. I think it's one of those what goes around comes around kind of things. I remember the last time it happened to me. We were shopping in June, and this incredibly sweet man let us go in front of him. I guess today was my turn. Tag. You're it. :-)

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

PS It's Thursday. I'm still doing the Love Bomb thing. It feels good. Click here for this week's mission.

3 comments:

  1. The simplest ones are the best aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favorites to give and get. Mom & I just did that today when buying fabric. The poor lady who only had 2 pieces was actually thinking of leaving to eat lunch and come back. We had a bunch of stuff it would have been so wrong to make her wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... simple and such a favorite!

    ReplyDelete