8/26/2010

Helen

This is only half an act of kindness. Maybe even a quarter. But, it's all I've got today. I recently saw an incredibly sweet stop motion video at Kind Over Matter, and I really wanted to make one myself. The video clip below is my copycat version.



I made it for my friend, Helen, who has been diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma and will begin chemotherapy in September. I am going to add more to this clip... it needs some "hope" and "trust" and maybe some "love." When I'm finished, I am going to burn a DVD and send it to my beautiful friend. I had hoped to finish it today, but it took a lot longer than I thought it would.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

6 comments:

  1. How is that only a half-act of kindness? Making a stop motion video is A LOT of work, and you're subject carries a lot of meaning. That seems like a full-act of kindness to me, if not more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote that because I was only halfway finished and it was after midnight and I was disappointed that I didn't get the whole thing done. You're right about the amount of work that went into it... this one might just be a 3-day event. Thanks, Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful act of kindness!!
    i adore the music ((here comes the sun is one of my top songs!)) and the message is so touching!!i can't wait to see more of this charming stop-start-magical creation.
    wishing you sunshine and rainbows,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

    -Not anonymous Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beyond awesome! I agree with- Nicole it is AMAZING! You've inspired me- I want to make something wonderful like that. I couldn't watch KOM's one when they posted it b/c of the vertigo thing- so getting to see this one you created made me so happy! I can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Friends. I have to get busy with the rest of it. I appreciate the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete