8/14/2010

Love Bomb

I stumbled across another interesting project. According to the website, "the goal of ItStartsWith.Us is to build a global community of individuals focused on making a positive impact in the lives of the people around them." Of course, I joined the team. I will be learning more over the next week, but I am already in love with the concept of the Love Bomb. Once a week, the team comes together and "drops" hundreds of thoughtful comments on someone's blog post (someone who really needs some extra love). You can read more about Love Bombs here.

Today's act of kindness was committing to be a part of the Love Bomb team. I can invest five minutes each week to learn more about a stranger who is having a hard time and try to encourage him/her. The most recent Love Bomb recipient was a 22-year old named Bria who suffers from clinical depression and anxiety. I swiped the following picture from her blog :

Beautiful, isn't it?

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment