2/06/2011

Abe Lincoln

I know it's 5:00 am on Sunday, but I'm calling this Saturday's blog. I missed writing about Friday, and I really want to stay in the habit of daily posting.

Thursday's letter really made me stop and think-- what do I LOVE about my life? It was such a fun list to write: the smell of orange blossoms, starry nights, getting the urge to laugh when it would be wildly inappropriate to do so, finding money in a coat pocket, and so many more. I was sooooo happy when I found a five dollar bill in the bottom of an old purse the other day. That's what made me think of today's act of kindness.




I sealed the envelope and took it with us on our afternoon stroll. LJ and I walked up to the shopping center. There are a few shops to choose from, but I thought someone would be most happy about finding $5 at the thrift store. So, we left it on a rack, snapped a quick photo on my cell phone (just to add a little excitement to our secret mission), and walked out of the store.


As we walked home, I wondered if it would be considered a suspicious package. (It reminded me of the time that I left that book at the airport.) Hopefully, Abe found a happy home and someone else got to experience one of my favorite little things about life. Have a delightful day!

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment