11/11/2010

Support

I had a check-up with my dermatologist. Before the exam, he was asking me about LJ and if I planned to have any more children. I told him about my divorce and how I didn't think there would be any more children in my future (something I am kind of devastated about because I absolutely love being a mom). Anyway, I was really surprised by my doctor's reaction. He seemed to be genuinely outraged by my news. He told me that I was a really wonderful, kind, positive person and my husband must be an idiot for not wanting to stay in our marriage. Dr. D is usually all business and kind of on the dry side, but he really came alive when he was giving me his little pep talk. It really meant a lot to me. I expect to hear encouraging words from my friends and family members; they love me and support me unconditionally. I don't expect to hear those things from someone on the periphery. Dr. D's words really touched me. I have been overwhelmed and humbled by the support of so many people.

Today, I started saying "thank you" for that support. It might take me a while, but I want to thank everyone who has made this ordeal a little bit easier. I have a lot of emails to write.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, what a nice doc. Isn't it surprising when we see past the medical degrees and lab coats and have those connections? We love our family doctor she's very thoughtful and sweet. I always want to hug here after the kids appointments but never do in fear that I'd weird her out a bit...

    NIce to hear you had that connection.

    Wishing you happy days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the good wishes. I am having the hardest time with refocusing on this project. I keep telling myself that I will get back on board tomorrow, and it seems like tomorrow never comes.

    PS Go ahead and hug that doctor. She would probably welcome it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it doesn't happen tomrorrow, there is always the tomorrow after that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you can do it. The Universe is calling for all good souls to put out their positive energy to enrich humanity and all living things. You were born to help heal what hurts. The human heart. OK get on your bike of inspiration and ride girl!!!! Love you for what you do Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Louise. I am going to get on my "bike of inspiration" (love it) and ride. Let's go. :-)

    ReplyDelete