11/28/2010

Raking Flowers

Hi, Neighbors. After a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with food, family and fun, I am feeling a little more like myself. Hopefully my "tomorrow" has finally come, and I am back in the kindness business.

Our neighbors have a gorgeous Floss Silk tree in their front yard. It blooms every October/November, and the huge pink flowers that cover it and then fall to the ground are the closest thing that we get to Fall leaves.

On one of our walks, I noticed that the flowers that were covering the sidewalk were really slippery. Since our neighbors were out of town for the weekend, I decided to rake some flowers for them. I swept the sidewalk, too. When the job was finished, I had filled 2 huge bags with flowers. If they hadn't attracted so many bees, I would have let LJ jump into my pile.


The Driveway Before:



The Driveway After:

One more shot of the pink Floss Silk flower:


Sending happy Fall thoughts to our neighbors near and far!

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. Yay, you're back!
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a blog. It was very fun reading some of your posts. Good luck with your kindness effort.

    www.findingareason.com

    ReplyDelete