11/09/2010

Directions

I met LJ's dad at a shopping center today. He was going to take her to the park. I was moving her car seat from one car to the other when a man pulled up in a minivan and asked for directions. He was looking for Broward Health Clinic. I didn't know where it was, but I asked him if he had an address. Fort Lauderdale is such an easy city to navigate. It is based on grid system-- all streets & boulevards run east/west and all avenues run north/south. There are two main axis roads that meet downtown, and all of the street numbers begin at that point. So, 200 NW 7th Avenue would be around 2nd Street & NW 7th Ave. I told the man in the minivan how to get there... three times. I should have drawn a map. Of course, I think of that now. Next time, I'll be prepared. I hope he made it to his appointment on time.


Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. Just saw on the news there was a scare in the schools in your area. Thinking about you and hopeing all is well.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Betsy. I was happy that I wasn't subbing today and relieved that nothing came of the threat.

    ReplyDelete