11/07/2010

Bird's Nest

Every six weeks, I volunteer for the children's program at our church. I have been working in the Pre-K 3 room. Even though I have 13 years of teaching experience, that means almost nothing when it comes to capturing the attention of nine rowdy 3-year olds and maintaining it long enough to actually get through a story and a craft. I try, and sometimes I succeed. I just have to be really flexible when it comes to defining success. ;-)

Today's craft was to make a bird's nest, complete with a little pom-pom bird with googly eyes and paper wings and beak. It was labor-intensive, and all nine of them decided to melt down at the same time. I'm really glad I'm doing this blog because I was able to pull out some patience that I had hidden in storage. Somehow we made nine nests with pom-poms that kind of resemble birds or maybe aliens. I'm counting it as a success. I told you I have to be flexible when it comes to defining that in the Pre-K 3 room. The kids were proud of them, and that's what counts... right?

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment