10/12/2010

Handy Manny

One of LJ's favorite shows is Handy Manny. If you have never seen the show, it's about a cute handyman and his talking tools. Thanks to them, LJ has a deep interest in tools, especially hammers. We both sing along with the music. I have to admit that I like the show, too. I think Manny inspired me to do today's act of kindness.

My mom mentioned that she needed to call a plumber to fix a broken toilet handle. I told her not to worry about it. How hard could it be to fix? LJ and I would LOVE to help, and we've watched enough episodes of Handy Manny to have some of his knowledge rub off on us, right? We drove down to the hardware store and got our supplies. Twenty minutes later, the job was done. I had to enlist my husband's help because the rusty nut on the old fixture was just too tight for me to turn. It ended up being a family event.



My mom was happy to have avoided a service call from a plumber, and LJ and I were quite proud of ourselves. Move over, Manny. You've got some competition!


Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of doing one kind deed per day for a year. Sometimes we just need to focus on the small things to achieve something monumental. Looking forward to reading along with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the neighborhood. :-) I have been a little distracted lately, but I am hoping to refocus and begin posting daily again.

    ReplyDelete