10/11/2010

Broward Mall

I went to the mall today with a friend. We were watching our children ride on the carousel when a woman approached us. She told us how beautiful the kids were and said what blessings they were. I thanked her and agreed. Then she told us a little bit about herself. She had 10 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. She had been blind for most of her life, but her sight had recently been restored (partially) in one eye. She said, "My daughter asked me, 'Mama, why are you going to Broward Mall today? You don't have any money. You can't buy anything.' And, I told her, 'Honey, there's more to do at the mall than shop. I got Jesus in my life, and I got work to do.' I'm an evangelist, and I'm a prayer warrior. I can tell you need a blessing in your life right now. I'm hear to tell you that God's going to give it to you. He says not to worry, Baby," and she patted my hand. We talked for a few more minutes, and she said some very encouraging things that seemed to be directly related to my bad week last week. "God wants you to know it's going to be OK." I gave her a big hug, and my friend (who had been listening to our conversation) gave her a big hug, too. Then she picked up her cane, and she walked off.

I think a met an angel today at the Broward Mall. I understand that half of the people reading this probably think I've gone crazy. I have been under a lot of stress and I've been praying and I've been worrying. I've never gotten a message from God before, but I'm telling you... this beautiful, blind woman told me everything that I needed to hear this morning to calm my nerves and reassure me. So now I'm preparing myself for a blessing, and I understand that it might not come in the package that I want or that I expect. I just have to have faith that it's going to work for good in the end. "Be not inhospitable to strangers. Lest they be angels in disguise."

Where is the act of kindness in this? I guess it's just talking to strangers. My friend and I had a couple of other really nice conversations as we continued our day with a very nice woman in the line at Chic-fil-a and a family at the park. I've known this particular friend since we were freshmen in high school, and she has always been warm and friendly and open. I am so thankful to have her in my life. Again, I get way more than I give.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, I believe it was an angel too!!
    {And I don't think your crazy}
    I am sorry to hear that were having a ruff week!
    Sending happy vibes your way! :)
    Have a beautiful day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the happy vibes. I really am feeling much better. And, thanks for 1 "not crazy" vote. It means a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not crazy at all... She clearly was an angel!

    ReplyDelete