10/16/2010

Catching Up

I promise I'm almost back, Friends. :-) Soon, I'll be posting every day again, but for now it looks like I need to catch up.

Wednesday: Costco
There is a really lovely woman who works at Costco. Whenever we shop there, I look for her because she is always incredibly positive. She just shines. No matter how hectic things may appear (and things are always pretty hectic at this Costco), she smiles at every customer and engages in friendly conversation. I decided to tell her how much she shines and how much we appreciate it. She smiled a little brighter. I want to be like her... a shiny, happy person.

Thursday: Aveda
I got my hair cut and colored at the Aveda Institute. The prices are fantastic since it is a school. The only drawback is that it takes forever (or 3 hours). The teacher has to come and check in on the student at different checkpoints. You spend a lot of time waiting. I brought a book, and I was ready to just dive in and enjoy myself. And, then the stylist started talking to me. After a few minutes, I realized that I wasn't going to read that book after all. It was kind of like sitting next to a chatty passenger on an airplane. I was her captive. I thought about trying to return to book, but then I decided to make this my act of kindness. If she wanted to talk that badly, I could listen. I'm so glad I did. We talked for almost three hours, and we got deep. I feel like I know her family, her hopes & dreams, her religious beliefs. We got into it all. She told me that she believes that everything happens for a reason and that we were supposed to meet. (I'm usually the one to say something like that.) Anyway, she was another shiny person. And, after three years of searching, I think I've finally found my new hairstylist in South Florida.

Friday: Post Office
I love it when an opportunity to be kind just presents itself. A man was juggling two packages and talking on his cell phone when he dropped his wallet and a bunch of coins popped out. LJ and I were on it! We helped him pick up his money. I found another penny after her had already gotten back in line. When I gave it to him, he thanked me and said, "Every little bit helps."

If you are still reading, thank you! Like I said before, I am almost back. Look for daily posts and something big in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. Is everything alright?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is everything alright? Hmm... no. But, I need to start acting like it is. This Kindness Blog is officially back in business... TODAY. Thanks for checking in, Anonymous. You've given me some motivation.

    ReplyDelete