10/29/2010

Back in Business

LJ loves going to the park so I have been taking her almost every day. All she wants to do is swing. So, I push and do some people-watching (one of my favorite activities). I was scanning the playground the other day when I noticed a little girl walking in. She was barefoot, and she looked incredibly sad. Really... there was just a cloud over her head. So what do I do? Take a picture.


I was thinking about this blog and how I haven't been following through on my commitment, and I thought if I took a picture that I might actually do something for this project again. She came over by the swings, and LJ said hi. She started swinging next to her. LJ copied everything the girl did. When she leaned back, LJ leaned back. When she shook her hair, LJ shook her hair. We actually got a smile out of her.

We have seen her twice since then, and we've talked with her each time. She still seems pretty sad, but we're working on it. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Neighbor's back! I'm looking forward to your posts. Being the giver or the recipient,Kindness lifts our mood and brightens our days.

    Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete