9/12/2010

See a penny, pick it up...

I guess I was still thinking about yesterday's well-spent quarter when I came up with the idea for today's kind act. Maybe it has to do with LJ's obsession with her piggy bank, too. She loves money, and she is just as thrilled with a penny as she is with a dollar. Every coin she sees belongs to her. "MONEY!" she shouts and then runs for her piggy bank. "MONEY! MONEY! MONEY" all the way down the hall.

I pulled five shiny pennies out of our change jar today. I put some stickers on the back and wrote "Good Luck" on each one. Here's a fuzzy shot on my cell phone camera:


We left a few on the sidewalk at Southport Shopping Center and the others inside The Dollar Tree (where we were picking up some art supplies for LJ). While we were shopping, she spotted a row of piggy banks, and screamed "MONEY! MONEY! MONEY!" at the top of her lungs. I dropped one of our good luck pennies into the pig on the left.


When we walked back to our car, we checked to see if our pennies were still there. They were all gone. Mission accomplished. Hopefully, they really will bring a little luck to whoever found them. You never know...

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful act of kindness!!!
    What kind of sticker did you use for the back!?!
    They are so small!!
    P.S. You have superb handwriting!!!
    Hope you had a beautiful day!!
    pennies, luck and piggy banks,
    Megan
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking this. Some of the best ideas are the simplest ones. I'll probably be borrowing this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used blank address labels for the stickers. I just traced the pennies and then cut them out. Very easy. It was a beautiful day. Thanks for the good wishes, Megan.

    And, Jessica, please borrow away. It was fun to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! Come on over & be a Proactive Partner!
    http://www.vivobello.com/meaningful-mondays/proactive-partners/

    Going to follow your blog & see what other great ideas you come up with!

    ReplyDelete