9/07/2010

Publix Surprise

I fell asleep last night while watching a football game so I this is actually yesterday's post.

I think I previously mentioned that grocery shopping with my mom is part of our Saturday routine. LJ loves it. The free cookie seems to be her favorite part, but waving and blowing kisses to all of the friendly Publix employees is a close second. They treat her like a celebrity. It is probably one of the highlights of LJ's week.

When we check out, we always go through the same clerk's line (if she is working that day). We were pregnant at the same time, and her son was born a couple of weeks after LJ. I have gotten to know her a little bit over the last two years of Saturday morning grocery trips. She is very young, and I don't think her son's father is present. We were talking about their upcoming birthdays a couple of weeks ago, and my mom asked her what she was getting for her son. She told us that they were moving into a 2-bedroom apartment so he was going to have his own room. I thought he might like a few new toys to put in his new bedroom. So, I put together a little birthday surprise and took it to Publix yesterday morning. She wasn't working so I left it at the Customer Service desk with a note from LJ.


Happy Birthday, B.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment