9/14/2010

The Hunger Site


I was in need of a quick and easy act of kindness today. LJ wasn't feeling the best so we were kind of housebound. I remembered Megan's suggestion when I posted about Free Rice. Thanks, Megan! So I went to www.thehungersite.com and donated some food by clicking, sending an e-card and playing some games. Since its inception, visitors at The Hunger Site and shoppers at The Hunger Site store have given more than 671 million cups of food. Not too shabby.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I love this site and I am so happy that you visited!!
    P.S. Thanks for your beautiful comment on my blog!! :)
    donations, clicks and hugs,
    Megan
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is pretty cool, I can sit there and play games and give to the hungry. Thank you for sharing.

    I ran across the 365 Days Of Grateful at The Serendipity Factory and I have launched my own A Year of Gratitude. I post something every day that I am grateful for, much like you are doing here with acts of kindness. I only just started on Sept. 1 but I decided to do it as another page on my Blogger. I think I am going to run out of room doing it that way b/c they don't archive. I may go ahead and link another blog to it. HUM. http://lilisbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the beginning of your Year of Gratitude, Alicia. Looking forward to reading more! Thanks for introducing me to The Serendipity Factory... SO many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's also a Free Rice widget available that you can place on the side of your blog. (I have one on mine.)

    ReplyDelete