9/25/2010

Passage Jar

During LJ's nap today, I made a little present for a friend. After I was finished, I thought of several other people who would really enjoy it. Then, I thought about giving it to a stranger. So I guess I need to make some more. Today's act of kindness is making the gift. Now I just have to complete the act by giving it away. What is it?

It is a Passage Jar. This idea came from Kind Over Matter... again. I searched for inspirational quotes and wrote my favorites down on a piece of paper. I wrote them by hand since my computer printer broke, but I think the handwritten messages make it more special. Some of my favorite quotes today:

"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!" (Dolly Parton)

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." (Harriet Beecher Stowe)

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." (Mark Twain)

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

1 comment: