8/19/2010

Peach Bread

My mom said that she had too many peaches. What a terrible problem to have! ;-) It's a good thing that LJ and I were around. We ate a peach a piece, and then I offered to make some peach bread which would take care of another two cups of fresh peaches. My mom gladly accepted. Since the recipe made two loaves, I decided to share some with the neighbors.

I think I prefer anonymous acts of kindness, but we had to deliver the goods in person this time. I wanted them to actually eat the bread, and there is no way I would accept an edible gift from someone I didn't know. We picked a sweet couple who live two streets over. LJ calls them "Pappy and Swah" (a pretty close, 2-year old version of their names), and they usually make a big fuss over her when we are out walking. "Pappy" answered the door, and she seemed pretty excited about the bread and impressed that it was still hot from the oven. But, it was the kiss from LJ that sealed the deal... definitely a day maker!

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. hey girl.

    i just wanted to stop by to thank you for being part of the love bomb team. it means a lot and i really appreciate you.

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a delicious act of kindness! your blog is so beautiful and filled with such love!! ((i am your newest follower:] )) and i also wanted to thank you for your kind comment on my blog the other day, it really made my day! hope you have a lovely weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete