8/20/2010

Emergency Plan: Librarians Rock

I knew this day would come. It was super busy-- tutoring in the morning, followed by babysitting for a neighbor's sweet 8-month old all afternoon, then dinner-bath-books-bed for LJ. How was I supposed to fit in an act of kindness in between all of the other things that life had thrown at me?!? Luckily, I planned ahead for an occasion such as this.

During our last trip to the library, I noticed a poster: If you believe a library employee has provided exceptional service, please tell us about it. I took one of the pamphlets because I already knew who I would nominate for the service award. Alicia is one heck of a librarian. She always greets us in a warm and friendly manner. She offers assistance without being requested and answers questions in a polite, professional manner. Alicia always has a smile for everyone... even for the bad customers. I've witnessed some really nasty encounters at the customer service desk (there's something about those library fines that really gets people going). Anyway, I was glad to have the pamphlet in my bag this evening and happy to share some praise for the best librarian in Broward County.


Now I need to replenish my emergency stash because I know that there will be more days like today in my future.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful act of kindness! We could also fill out the "How are we doing/ How was your service" forms at McDonald's, Target, bookstore and at your local eatery/grocery store! What a fantastic idea!!! *wheels are turning* i am getting ideas!!! Happy Friday, Friend, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right... there are a lot of people out there who really go above and beyond and deserve a little recognition. Their employers might even offer something in addition to a pat on the back. For example, I know that our local grocery store, Publix, will give employees lunch vouchers if management receives a compliment about them. A nice little perk!

    ReplyDelete