8/15/2010

Sidewalk Chalk

We had a birthday party this evening for one of my brothers. Since I knew that most of the day was going to be spent in the kitchen, I decided to complete our act of kindness early. LJ and I grabbed her bucket of sidewalk chalk and headed out to find the perfect spot. I wanted to write an inspirational message. Something for the dog walkers and joggers to think about on a beautiful August morning. I drew some flowers. LJ added some of her flair. Then I wrote: "If you wake up breathing, you have another chance."


I have to thank my nephew's beautiful girlfriend for sharing that phrase with me. She has it tattooed on her back. It really is a lovely sentiment. For people like me (who screw up a lot) it's nice to be reminded that each new day is another chance. Did you hear that, people? Another chance!!! Today just might be the day that whatever you have been hoping, praying, dreaming for could happen. Today you have another chance to make it right. I hope that some of the people on our path read that little message and felt something good, something positive... before the rain washed it away around 4:00 pm. We could always get the sidewalk chalk out and do it again tomorrow. If I wake up breathing, I have another chance.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. Awesome--just like all of your ideas have been thus far, and just like you and LJ are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anonymous. I think you're pretty awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete