8/12/2010

Expression of Gratitude (long overdue)

I found another fabulous blog. 365 Letters began as a project to write a letter every day for 2009. That project was completed and continued in a 2010 version. Yesterday's post inspired today's act of kindness:

"Letter #223: Today, write a letter to the person in charge of your favorite charity. Explain why it's your favorite charity; if there's a story behind your loyalty, happy or sad, share it. If the charity has helped you, a family member or friend in the past, let him/her know about it. If you can, include a donation."

The kind folks at a local hospice center immediately popped into my head. My father spent his last days there five years ago. The staff cared for him, but they also cared for my mother and for our grieving family as we gathered around his bed, knowing that we had only hours and then only minutes to spend by his side. I will never forget their kindness. What I realize-- five years later-- is that I never said, "Thank you." So, I wrote a letter today.


This expression of gratitude was long overdue. It felt sooooo good to put it on paper. I highly recommend this idea. Pick up a pen. You won't regret it.

Kind Regards,
Your Neighbor



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you were able to put this idea to good use! I'm looking forward to reading about more of your acts of kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And, I am looking forward to writing more letters. I love the convenience of email, but there is something special about putting pen against paper.

    ReplyDelete