7/31/2010

The Neighborhood Garden Award

After a boring day of allowing people to merge in front of me on the highway, I decided to get crafty. The Neighborhood Garden Award was born!It's just a little paper that says, "We love your garden. Thanks for making this world a more beautiful place! Sincerely, Your Neighbor." I attached it to one of the Dwarf Poinciana plants that I grew from seeds. The next step was to choose a recipient.

LJ and I take a walk every day along the same route. We always stop to admire the butterflies at this one particular house. One day (months ago), the owner was outside. He was listening to his iPod and trimming a tree. I tried to get his attention because I wanted to tell him how much we love his garden. We walked within two feet of him, and he never turned around or acknowledged our presence in any way. Of course, I have thought he was a total jerk since then. And, today- I decided he was the absolutely perfect recipient for our award/kindness project. Here is a picture of the front yard:
I know it looks like a jungle, and you probably can't tell very much about it since the picture is rather small. But, when you get up close, it's all tropical gorgeousness and butterfly heaven. It really is beautiful and incredibly well-maintained. Here is another shot of a pretty shrimp plant:
He works very hard in his garden. I hope that he enjoys the little flowerpot and award that we stealthily left on his doorstep. I wonder if we might get a smile next time we pass by or at least some eye contact. I'll let you know.

Kind Regards,
Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment