9/18/2010

Trash to Treasure


I visited an awesome store today, Trash to Treasure a.k.a. Creative Re-use Center and green art store. It is a non-profit organization that takes donations of clean, re-usable materials and resells them. The store would appeal mostly to teachers and artists. Membership is $60 for a year, and you take as much as you need. We opted for the $10 for one day plan, and we could have taken 20 pounds of materials but I only left with 5 pounds. LJ and I were looking for some art supplies, and we found paper, paint, a palette, and a paintbrush. I picked up a notebook, some greeting cards, and some postcards that I plan to use for one of my acts of kindness in the near future. After I left, I kind of wish that I had gotten 15 more POUNDS worth of materials for my money, but really-- I got what I came for (and more) and $10 is a pretty good deal for that. I will certainly be back, and I will probably end up becoming a member. Today's act of kindness was for the environment. Buy used whenever possible.



Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment