9/19/2010

Dog Rescue Envy

My husband is a very lucky man. He's married to me, right? ;-) He also has 2 lovely grandmothers. One of them lives in an assisted living facility. We live about four and a half hours away, and the rest of her family is out-of-state. Since she does not have a lot of frequent visitors, her interactions with the staff are really important. They have live-in managers who are available 24/7 to help the residents. They seem to be really warm and caring people. I wrote an anonymous thank-you note for the staff today. LJ colored a picture for both of her great-grandmothers. We'll put all of our letters in the mail tomorrow.

I was pretty pleased with this little act of kindness until my brother showed up tonight for dinner. He and my sister-in-law found a lost dog on their way to our house this afternoon. When I heard the story of Marley the Labradoodle's return and joyful reunion with her owners, I felt a little jealous. My brother offered to "donate" his act of kindness to me, but I already had the thank-you note thing going on. Not as exciting as a dog rescue, but it will have to do.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

No comments:

Post a Comment