9/03/2010

Surprise Ball

I was in a lovely mood today so I wanted to do something lovely. I made a Surprise Ball for one of my aunts.
It is filled with all sorts of things that I found around the house. LJ colored a picture. I made the floral magnet in the bottom right corner by cutting and pasting a greeting card and gluing a magnetic strip on the back. After I had wrapped these things, I had to add a few more since the ball didn't seem big enough. The big ticket item was an envelope with $10 inside and instructions to take one of my other aunts out to breakfast at The Country Diner (a family favorite where they can both eat for under $10 and still have money left over for tip... what a place).
This idea came from Kind Over Matter. You can see their blog entry here. It was so very fun to make. It's all wrapped up and ready to go to the post office. What a lovely day!

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

3 comments:

  1. Those two chicks are going to love this little treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprise balls are soooo much fun to make! I seen the post on KOM too and have it saved as an idea for a RAOK in the future. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete