9/22/2010

Shopping Carts

Today's act of kindness falls into the category of "just doing the right thing." We were in the parking lot of Target. The last 10 or so shoppers seemed to have just left their carts piled haphazardly together in the landscaping next to a vacant parking space. My first instinct was to slide my empty cart in next to the others. Instead, I walked my cart back to the designated area and carried LJ back to our car. Not a big deal, right? I feel kind of funny about counting it as today's act of kindness since it's something that you're supposed to do anyway. I guess I'm counting it because it was a conscious choice that I made. It would have been a lot easier to ditch the cart in the bushes and gone on my merry way. Maybe this kindness thing is becoming a habit.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

2 comments:

  1. I try to always do this too!!!
    Sometimes it seems easier ((and faster)) to just ditch it on the grass beds but it doesn't hurt to take 1.4 minutes out of the day to walk the basket to the designated spot! However, that being said, it does, indeed, take a conscious effort to do this!! :)
    Have a beautiful day!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditching the cart is such a temptation... especially if it's raining or if I'm in a hurry. But, I'll continue to fight it.

    ReplyDelete