9/29/2010

Money

LJ and I spent this afternoon with one of my longtime friends, her son, and my mother. I was telling them about a wonderful cause that I would love to donate to if I had the money. My mom told me that she is glad that I don't have money right now because I would just give it all away. I thought about it for a while, and she's right... I would! Hopefully, I will get my philanthropic desires in check by the time more money flows into our lives (most likely when I return to work and LJ goes to preschool).

Until then, I stand by the idea that you don't have to spend money to be kind. Instead of donating to the cause today, I decided to send an email to let them know how worthy it is and how much I support what they're doing. I also sent an email to a friend who is fundraising for them. He has already emailed me back with a big thank you. I would still love to send him a fat check, but I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the kind words.

Kind Regards,

Your Neighbor

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get forget that we don't have to spend money to be kind. Often we equivilate how nice we are with how much we can afford, but kindness doesn't cost a thing. Giving time & thanks is a wonderful way to donate. Thank you for that wonderful reminder! Next time I want to help, but can't due to lack of funds, I'll remember this post of yours and find another way to help.

    ReplyDelete