8/02/2010

Card Drop

Since I started this project, I have been searching for similar blogs, and I have been amazed by what I have found. I knew that I couldn't be the only person in the world doing something like this, but I have been surprised that there are SO many others who have the same idea. These blogs are really insightful, creative, and inspirational. I must admit that I'm feeling a little amateur hour in comparison. But, you have to start somewhere-- right?

Some of my favorites:

Operation Nice
Secret Agent L
Kind Over Matter

Today's act of kindness was a card drop. I downloaded a set of Kind Over Matter's Quotation Cards. LJ hopped into her stroller, I grabbed the cards and a roll of tape, and we took off for a walk in the neighborhood. We made a few stops along the way:

The Library

Bicycle Rack

Bus Stop

Grocery Store

Newspaper Machine

A tree on the way home

I enjoyed leaving these little notes. It made me smile. I can't help but think that the strangers who found them might be smiling, too.

Kind Regards,
Your Neighbor

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for finding my blog and telling me about yours! I'm looking forward to following your journey, and maybe borrowing some ideas along the way. I love what you have done so far

    betsy
    www.oneyearofkindness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love this.

    thank you for your email, dear friend, and especially for what you are doing here. engaging in kindness will change not only the world, but you as well. it's a beautiful thing!

    so excited to follow your project for the next year!

    xoxo,
    secret agent l

    ReplyDelete
  3. how inspiring!!!
    thanks for sharing your beautiful kindness around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is lovely!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this post & your blog with us! We are tweeting & facebooking about your project today! Would it be possible for your to set up an RSS feed through feedburner for your blog? I'd love to get email updates! I especially loved your case of water drop ---- so thoughtful, loving.

    Peace to you, skies full,
    Amanda from KOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm really new to the world of blogging. So, this is definitely a work-in-progress. I set up an RSS feed and email subscription button. Thanks for joining us on this adventure.

    Kind Regards,
    Your Neighbor

    ReplyDelete